AWE SIA Security - Reading (RG7 4PR)
|Start Date||Finish Date|
|23rd Apr||23rd May|
Location: Reading (RG7 4PR)
DC Site Services has been contracted to provide the following services. Please click the title for the full job description of each role.
This role is ongoing for at least 20 weeks with the potential to be permanent
SIA (accredited staff only)
• The control of access and egress to site of both vehicles and pedestrians by either completing a hand on pass check of all identification required to access the site (s).
• The delivery of vehicle searches to ensure that no prohibited item (unless allowed for a specific purpose)is brought onto site.• The movement, collating, searching and clearing of all commercial vehicles entering the site. Working in conjunction with the MDP dog section.
• The searching of vehicles (through pre-defined process) entering the site.
• Supporting the MDP armed officers by the delivery of the CSO requirements and ensuring that issues that affect the security of the site are brought to the attention of the Supervisor/Line Management/MDP.
• The control of the current barrier/gate systems at each location.
• To ensure that whilst on duty they provide a security presence that acts as a visual deterrent and observe, note details of any suspicious activity.
• Internal and External patrolling as directed by the gate supervisor (During times of abnormal operations or to meet the customer’s needs).
• On-site security patrolling and other secondary security duties.
• Possible deployment in the event of protestor/other incursion in support of the MDP and customer requirement
• To demonstrate flexibility within the contract across all roles on both sites.
• Oral/Written reports will be required where applicable.
A full job description will be available to read within the Event Info section of DCSS PAAM.
Breaks are paid, Minimum 2 hours break for each 12 hour shift.
Shift patterns are as follows: 06.30 – 18.30 Monday – Friday. A 21 day rolling 12 shift pattern also available, this will be 3 days, 4 nights, 3 days off, 4 days, 3 nights, 4 days off. Discussed further upon application.
You must be of British Nationality or British Dual Nationality
Arrival information will be provided by Coppersmith should your application be successful
If you do not receive an email accepting you to the event, then unfortunately all shifts will have been allocated.
Please visit our FAQ’s for more information.