Build It Live - South East
DC Site Services has been contracted to provide the following services at this event:
Cleaning and Litter Attendant
• Cleaning of surfaces, windows and furniture
• Vacuuming of carpets and mopping/sweeping of hard floors
• Clearance of rubbish & waste
• Monitor waste levels in bins, change full bin bags and remove to waste compound when necessary
• Litter pick ground/seating areas
• Empty large back of house bins
• Sort general waste from recyclable materials
• Ensure the smooth movement of traffic through the site or car park
• Ensure traffic is moving but at the correct speed limit
• Park cars quickly and efficiently
• Check vehicle passes where appropriate
• Escort vehicles through crowded areas
• Be vigilant of possible hazards or issues and report to your supervisor
• Assist the public where necessary
• Be the ‘face’ of the event answering questions from the public.
• Assist the public in emergency situations
• Keeping a watchful eye for inappropriate/criminal activity and report accordingly.
You may be asked to perform additional duties whilst onsite. For detailed job descriptions of each role please see our FAQs.
Shifts Available (subject to change):
Between 8 hours and 14 hours long.
Traffic Stewards will be between 10 and 13 hr shifts
Cleaning Attendants will be between 8 and 10 hr shifts.
All shifts will include an unpaid break. Depending on the length of the shift you could have a break between 15 minutes and 2 hours, but this will vary from job to job.
• Early Shifts
• Late Shifts
• Pre-show and Post Show Shifts. You will be working in your assigned role (litter, traffic or cleaning) in these shifts. However this may involve caretaking the site before the main staff arrive on site, or waiting until the last of the equipment has been collected (please contact the office for further information)
Please note that not all roles will be every day- if you are assigned then you the days you are working will be detailed in the job title.
Build It Live returns once again to Kent to provide advice and inspiration to budding home renovators and those undertaking building/cosmetic work.
A full PAAM information pack will be available to all staff once they have been accepted to the event. A final updated version with any changes will be available on PAAM and will be emailed to you around 2 weeks before the event start date, at which point you will need to acknowledge your position. For further information please contact us.
You will need to arrive the night before your first shift for briefing and training, please check the PAAM information for exact dates and times.
DC Site Services will be providing accommodation on-site for crew, this will be shared caravans. However, if you have a live-in vehicle you are able to stay on-site in your own vehicle. Please be aware that there is NO CAMPING available at this event.
Staff Catering Information:
Full information is available within the PAAM information pack.